Software Quality Engineer
Software Quality Engineer
Analyzing and designing manual and automated tests to be applied on the software produced by our in-house development team.
Uptodown is a global distribution platform for Android, Windows, and Mac applications where developers and companies can register their apps for free. These apps are then offered on different channels (web, native) and monetized using various services.
In the same way, users from all over the world can access thousands of apps legally, openly, and free of charge without having to create an account, as it happens in more limiting app stores.
We are currently dedicated to the development of new features both for the end-user and for other companies that collaborate with Uptodown in the distribution and monetization of apps.
Main duties and responsibilities
You will be contributing to the development of our unique project, Uptodown, on a long-term basis, in a flexible working environment.
You'll start by analyzing and designing manual and automated tests to be applied on the software produced by our in-house development team. You'll also help to review and improve the development specifications, perform checks and analyze bugs reported by other departments, and describe the steps to replicate to solve them. Likewise, you'll be involved in functionality testing and error detection through exploratory tests.
As QA staff, you'll be dedicated to testing, but you'll be free to research any other areas (development, front-end or back-end) and to get any training you'd like.
- Proficiency in testing tools, such as Cypress or Selenium.
- Experience in testing server back-end services at API level.
- Incorporation of automated tests in a continuous integration environment (Gitlab).
- Experience in MySQL queries creation.
- English level required as a developer: documentation checking, simple texts creation, English lectures viewing, ability to participate in English video calls, etc.
- Active and constant communication with teammates, both in-person and remotely.
- Eager to learn new skills.
We highly value
- Front-end development with React.js.
- Knowledge of PHP and PHPUnit.
- Previous experience in web projects similar to ours.
- Residency in Málaga.
- Immediate availability.
What we offer
- Stable position with a permanent contract from day one.
- Salary: depending on experience, €27.000-€32.000 gross per year.
- Flexible working hours in the mornings and remote working hours in the afternoons. In total, 40 hours per week. Possibility to work remotely.
- Holidays: 26 days per year. Depending on your seniority, you will be able to increase this number.
- In addition to your salary, a personal budget for training and events related to your responsibilities.
- Additional benefits such as private medical insurance and English lessons.
- High traffic project and a team with more than 15 years of experience in the web sector.
- Office located in central Málaga.
- Free food, drinks and cake in our shared spaces within our office.