Localization Project Manager
Localization Project Manager
We're looking for a specialist to help us take our localization initiative to the next level in the EMEA, APAC, and AMER markets.
The successful candidate should be extremely process-oriented, have a desire to contribute to the overall strategy, and have a keen eye toward analytics and ROI. Ultimately, the Localization Project Manager (LPM) will act as a conduit to support our content and developer teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The LPM is responsible for the overall schedule and budget performance, selection, and management of the translation and localization team ensuring the quality of translation work, and serving as the primary point of contact for the client (our content and developer teams) throughout the project.
Your responsibilities would include verification of the completeness of the sources, translations, systems (backends, queues, translator accounts administration), and processes (develop and maintain translation and quality-related processes).
As our LPM, you would actively engage with Uptodown teams, partners, and developers to encourage constant feedback on translation quality, educate them on localization standard methodologies, and acknowledge the benefits of including localization in scope during the process of App publication and review.
The LPM is also responsible for negotiating rates for the Uptodown translation team (around 50 people) and for managing invoices.
Finally, the LPM creates or leads the creation of reference documents including editor profiles, localization process documents, style guides, and glossaries.
Qualifications and required skills
- At least 2 years of directly related experience.
- Understanding of localization concepts such as translation memories, terminology, style guides, and content management systems, as well the roles they play in managing localization projects.
- Experience with computer-aided translation tools and with different localization methods in addition to document translation, reverse translation, CMS integration, mobile app localization.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate by partnering with teams located all over the world.
- Open to learning new tools, processes, and concepts, always looking for ways to improve.
- Proficiency with Android products and apps.
We highly value
- Master and specific training in localization, translation, and languages
- Proficiency in languages other than English
- Immediate availability
- Residence in Malaga
What's in it for you?
- Permanent position from day one where you get to take part in the company's long-term strategy.
- Flexible schedule and remote work. See Uptodown Employee Benefits: https://www.uptodown.io/jobs
- Competitive salary starting at €27,000 gross per year based on experience (€34,000 gross per year including variables).